Medium Teapot - Regular
Medium teapots are custom made in Yixing by young artisans, perfect for serving 3-5 people. They are inexpensive but very handy. The capacity of medium teapots in "Regular" catagory ranges from 100-130 ml.
Medium Teapots - Regular
Capacity & Measurement
- A: 110 ml / 10.8 * 5.3 cm
- B: 120 ml / 11.5 * 6 cm
- C: 105 ml / 11 * 5.5 cm
- D: 105 ml / 11 * 6.3 cm
- E: 115 ml / 10.5 * 7 cm
- F: 120 ml / 10.5 * 6.5 cm
- G: 125 ml / 11 * 6.5 cm
About Purple ClayPurple clay is a special mineral that can only be found in Yixing, China. The best feature of purple clay teapots are their air-pores. They can absorb the color, taste and oil from the tea, enhancing the flavor of your tea.
- White powders inside a brand new teapot are powders of mineral, scatterred between the body and the lit when burning, to keep them from sticking. Simply wash them away before the first use will be good.
- Since purple clay has airpores, it will absorb the taste of teas. It is more ideal to use one teapot for one type of tea. You can also start by using one for lighter color (low fermented) teas, and one for darker color (highly fermented) teas.
- Rinse with clear water after each use. Do not use soap to clean.
- After using for a while, the teapot will be darker in color and shinier. You can polish it with a dry towel to make it even more shiny.